Old December 19th 08, 08:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default london_from_above_at_night.html

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On 19 Dec, 15:46, "John Rowland"

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

wrote:

In article

,
(Mizter T) wrote:

And why on earth aren't there any Circuses at the Elephant?

It's Sarf Lunnon, innit? No circuses there. Or have I got it
wrong?

What sort of Englishman forgets Saint George!

I thought of St George actually but UK Streetmap and Multimap don't
seem to recognise it. I guess their search algorithms get confused
by "St".

So, like all good rules it is proved by its exception.

Is there really a rule about no circuses in South London? Along with
St George's Circus, I can think of Royal Circus, Culling Circus,
York Circus, Charleville Circus and Queens Circus.

There be no such rule!

And when it comes to Circuses of the big-top variety, there have been
plenty - for example the (rather upmarket) Moscow State Circus was on
Blackheath recently - and I've even been to see a few of their shows
too!

They don't come to Putney Heath any more, but we weren't referring to that
kind of circus anyway.

Not sure where the nearest one has set up to the Elephant & Castle
though (in recent years at least) - perhaps Peckham Rye Common is the
closest place.

--
Colin Rosenstiel