Old December 19th 08, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default london_from_above_at_night.html

On 19 Dec, 21:08, wrote:

(Mizter T) wrote:

On 19 Dec, 15:46, "John Rowland"

(snip)

So, like all good rules it is proved by its exception.

Is there really a rule about no circuses in South London? Along with
St George's Circus, I can think of Royal Circus, Culling Circus,
York Circus, Charleville Circus and Queens Circus.

There be no such rule!

And when it comes to Circuses of the big-top variety, there have been
plenty - for example the (rather upmarket) Moscow State Circus was on
Blackheath recently - and I've even been to see a few of their shows
too!

They don't come to Putney Heath any more, [...]

Shame!

[...] but we weren't referring to that kind of circus anyway.

Hence my specific reference to "Circuses of the big-top variety". I'm
not quite sure where the rule is that says you can't veer wildly off-
topic in here... apart perhaps from in the newsgroup charter!