Old December 19th 08, 11:28 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Coffee & ITSO

Mizter T wrote

So whether it's cheaper to just buy an out-boundary Day Travelcard or

instead get a normal return to London and then use Oyster PAYG depends
on a number of factors...
[...]
In Robert's case he could possibly end up saving a little bit of

money
but it depends what Railcard he holds. If it is a Senior Railcard then
(a) if he ever goes to London and only travels by bus or only makes
say one Tube and one bus journey, and (b) can be bothered to get the
Railcard discount loaded on an Oyster card, then he might save a
little cash, though to be honest it is so marginal I wouldn't get very
excited about it!

Anyway, sorry I've made this all sound very complicated, I was only

[...]

Hee

"If it is a Senior Railcard" then Robert is also entitled, *if an
English resident* to a English National Bus Pass so can travel free on
buses. Same, probably, for a Disabled Railcard.

So even more complicated.

I have previously noted that when traveling before the SuperOff-peak
kicks in and if the difference between Off-peak and SuperOff-peak is
significant (trivial from Reading) it may cheaper to buy a Off-peak Day
Return to a point in the zones, say to the first station in Zone 6,
plus a zones 1-6 ODTC .

--
Mike D