Old December 20th 08, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default LT Goldcard

On Dec 20, 12:14*am, Mizter T wrote:

SWT, supposedly ahead in the race to accept PAYG, certainly wasn't
much cop at selling it when I was last in the south western sticks
about a year ago.

SWT sell Oyster topups at Wimbledon and Richmond, though perhaps not
from all the ticket windows.

Because they are served by LU, like New Cross.

I know that full well. So where "in the south western sticks" were you
unsuccessfully trying to top up at then, if not at Wimbledon or
Richmond?

Sorry, forgot to address that point. Of course, one wouldn't actually
expect NR stations not served by LU to sell Oyster, but just might
hope that the stations that have installed Oyster-reading barriers or
whose TOCs are due to accept PAYG soonest might be first to start.

Although I did once want to top up at Richmond, and I found that there
were long queues at several windows with no indication of which window
could sell Oyster. Rather than queue a long time to be told to start
again at a different window, I gave up and found a shop (relatively
easy at Richmond).