Old December 20th 08, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default district line closing time

In article ,
(Larry) wrote:

In article ,
Paul Terry wrote:

But you would be in no danger of missing the last train.

well, that cheers me up a lot!

I'm planning to get to London by the Eurostar train from Paris. The
train stops at the St. Pancras International station; so the King's
Cross St. Pancras subway station should be nearby. How do I get to
the Fulham Broadway station? How much is it?

Do you think the St. Pancras International station is a nice play
to have a meal and take some rest?

At a price! There are a few more reasonable alternatives across the road
from King's Cross station next door, including a pleasant enough noodle
bar cum takeaway.

You have a choice from King's Cross St Pancras tube to Fulham Broadway.
Either the Circle or Hammersmith and City Lines westbound to Paddington
(Circle) or Edgware Road, changing to a District train from Edgware Road
to Wimbledon. The advantage of the Circle in particular and this route in
general is that the change at Paddington is on the same platform and that
at Edgware Road is often cross-platform. Sometimes you have to cross the
bridge there, though, hence my preference for Paddington if a Circle Line
train comes first at King's Cross.

The other route is to take the Victoria Line from King's Cross St Pancras
tube to Victoria and change to the District Line there. If the first train
if not for Wimbledon, take the first (but not a Circle train) to Earl's
Court and change to a Wimbledon train there.

The other reason for preferring the first option above on a night when
Chelsea are playing at home is that you won't get a seat on a train you
get on at Earl's Court but your probably will at Edgware Road or
Paddington!

--
Colin Rosenstiel