Old December 20th 08, 03:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Coffee & ITSO

On 20 Dec, 15:17, Peter Campbell Smith
wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

The only situation where you would gain any significant benefit from
using Oyster PAYG would be if you only made two bus journeys at 90p
each (so £1.80 total - a saving of £1.30 ), or a lesser saving if
making one bus and one zone 1 Tube journer (90p plus £1.50 so £1.40
total - a meagre saving of 70p!). Otherwise the flexibility of the
trusty old Travelcard wins!

It's maybe worth pointing out that if Robert lives in Reading (or anywhere
in England) and has a Senior Railcard, he will also be eligible for a free
Senior Bus Concession card from his local authority, which gives free off-
peak travel on buses anywhere in England, including London. *So if he is
prepared to put up with the bouncing buses, he need only by a return rail
ticket to London.

Indeed, though Micheal Dolbear managed to get there first in pointing
out the flaws in my logic in his post downthread where he reminded me
of the existence of said bus pass.