Old December 20th 08, 06:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default Coffee & ITSO

On 2008-12-20 15:17:48 +0000, Peter Campbell Smith
said:

Mizter T wrote in
:

The only situation where you would gain any significant benefit from
using Oyster PAYG would be if you only made two bus journeys at 90p
each (so £1.80 total - a saving of £1.30 ), or a lesser saving if
making one bus and one zone 1 Tube journer (90p plus £1.50 so £1.40
total - a meagre saving of 70p!). Otherwise the flexibility of the
trusty old Travelcard wins!

It's maybe worth pointing out that if Robert lives in Reading (or anywhere
in England) and has a Senior Railcard, he will also be eligible for a free
Senior Bus Concession card from his local authority, which gives free off-
peak travel on buses anywhere in England, including London. So if he is
prepared to put up with the bouncing buses, he need only by a return rail
ticket to London.

Peter

I giving away all my secrets! Yes, I also have an ITSO bus pass and use
it locally, but I've never tried it in London as usually the Tube is
quicker to get me to where I want to go. (Paddington, as any fule kno,
is not in central Lunnon).

Next time, though, I'll try it and see what happens.
--
Robert