Old December 21st 08, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default district line closing time

On 21 Dec, 21:59, "Peter Smyth" wrote:

wrote:

In article ,
(Larry) wrote:

In article
,
*sweek wrote:

I'd even consider just walking from Stamford Bridge to Earl's Court
to avoid the District altogether.

How long does it take?

29 minute according to the TfL Journey Planner. It also says it
takes 12-14 minutes via Fulham Broadway and the District Line.
Only someone with a very warped view would take the walking
option for preference.

Walking to Earls Court is a sensible alternative if the match has just
finished. It is less than a mile so will take about 20 minutes. With
40000 people all trying to get onto the tube it could take 20 minutes
just to get onto a train at Fulham Broadway.

Having just posted a long response to Colin's "warped view" comments
in which I end up recommending him to keep it simple and go via Fulham
Broadway, you come out with this and make me realise that I'd totally
failed to take that into account!

You're quite right - on the way back after the match walking to Earl's
Court is likely to be a good option as opposed to waiting in the queue
to get in to Fulham Broadway station and on to a train, and it'll be a
particularly good option if going back via the Piccadilly line from
Earl's Court. I suppose in the case of the OP that needs to be offset
with his unfamiliarity with the area, especially if he didn't walk
this way on the way to the match, and with how adventurous he might be
feeling. I can see that, despite the wait, the 'keep-it-easy' option
of going via Fulham Broadway station has its attractions.