Old December 22nd 08, 12:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default district line closing time

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

But it's only two stops from Earl's Court to Fulham B'way!! A few
minutes standing is I dare say unlikely to be a massive issue for the
OP, not least because he didn't mention any issues of lack of mobility
at all, and I suspect he's likely to spend at least some portion of
the match on his feet as well!

I certainly appreciate the argument about having secured a position
for oneself on a Wimbledon-bound train before it reaches Earl's Court,
and I freely admit that I don't have much experience of travelling
from/to/via Earl's Court on a match day. However my suspicion is that
it's simply more a case of just packing oneself in on a crowded train
along with the rest of the crowd for a couple of stops, comfort not
being a priority for such a short space of time - and no big deal if
you need to wait for the second train.

I seem to have a habit of staying at my mother's when Chelsea are playing
at home. The District gets very crowded and you can fail to get on at
least one train at Earls Court if not more.

I agree that standing isn't that much of an issue.

--
Colin Rosenstiel