Old December 22nd 08, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default King George V

On Dec 20, 10:44 pm, "Peter Smyth" wrote:
"Chris Read" wrote in message

Why was this DLR station so called? It's in North Woolwich, so what
was wrong with that name?

King George V DLR station was opened a year before North Woolwich closed
so to call them both North Woolwich would have been rather confusing.

I don't see why. There are plenty of other examples of 2 seperate
stations having the same name - canary wharf for example. King George
V to me seems rather a daft name as I suspect most people using the
station want to travel to north woolwich, not the dock itself.

B2003