Old December 22nd 08, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Aston-Martin Boris bus

Barry Salter wrote:
Mizter T wrote:

I've a vague recollection of experiencing something similar a couple
of times on the in the dying days of crew operation on the 12 (I
think) when some buses were (somewhat inexplicably) not Routemasters
but OPO double deckers. I recall the friend I was with saying they'd
come across crew operated standard double-deckers instead of
Routemasters a few times around then.

If memory serves, the MCW Metrobuses that replaced Routemasters on
route 279 (amongst others) originally had a sign on the front
displaying either "PAY DRIVER"

..... in black on a yellow panel...

or "PAY CONDUCTOR" (or words to that
effect anyway).