Old December 23rd 08, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default TfL's new rapist minicab advert

On Dec 22, 11:42*pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I see the rapist minicab driver is still white ... has Boris sacked any of
Ken's racist Labour cronies since he took office at all?

"Black men are rapists" is a very unpleasant racial stereotype that
still, sadly, exists in real life. "White men are rapists" is not.
Therefore, picking a white man for your anti-rape poster has no dodgy
connotations at all, whereas picking a black man for said poster
utterly does.

(I suppose they could pick an Asian man, but given that the majority
of men in London are white that'd be a bit odd. If the same campaign
were run in India, it'd clearly be appropriate to show an Indian man
rather than a white man or a black man...)

Are you a) actually incapable of thinking the above through; b)
unaware that racists traditionally stereotype black men as rapists; or
c) a racist who stereotypes black men as rapists? Because I can't see
any other explanation for why you'd even find this controversial...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org