Old December 23rd 08, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John B John B is offline

Default Oyster Pay-as-you-Go on National Rail in London - ImplementationDate!

On Dec 23, 9:50*pm, Chris wrote:
From conversations that I've had with Crossrail reps & BAA reps,
Crossrail is taking over the HC operation, and fares to Heathrow will
remain the same at changeover. This is because the Heathrow spur is
not part of the National Rail network, but privately owned by BAA. So
theanswer to the question above is 'yes' (as it does now)

Hex is another BAA service & will continue (still charging a higher
premium).

....for a week, until it loses all its customers to Crossrail's
cheaper, direct service to the City and CW.

(seriously: if HEx is still running as a Heathrow-Paddington shuttle
when Crossrail opens, I'll eat an entire hat. Quite how they'll
arrange it to go through is another question...)

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org