Old December 24th 08, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Chris[_2_] Chris[_2_] is offline

Default Oyster Pay-as-you-Go on National Rail in London - ImplementationDate!

On 24 Dec, 03:16, Mizter T wrote:

I wonder if this is perchance related to the EU ruling that railways
must open up to all operators by 2010? I'm afraid I'm not at all clued
up on the specifics of this whatsoever, but I am curious about what
railways it applies to - BAA's branch line is classed as a 'private
railway' after all (though I suppose one could argue it is public in
the sense that it is served by public passenger trains).

I doubt it - more likely connected with the BAA funding of the line
and the arrangements with Network Rail to maintain it.....BAA Airtrack
from Staines to T5 will purely be Airtrack I understand, for some
years until again, it's opened up for other TOCs to bd to run services
along it. UNtil then, it'll be two from Waterloo & Two from Reading
every hour. Once it gets contracted & built, that is.