Old December 24th 08, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
John Wright John Wright is offline

Default Buses waiting time and blocking the road

Depresion wrote:
"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 20:37:40 +0000 someone who may be ŽiŠardo
wrote this:-

Some cities have even deliberately filled in bus lay-bys

Correct.

just to make congestion worse,

Incorrect.

There are a number of reasons for exterminating bus laybys, from
widening a former narrow part of the pavement, through allowing the
driver to pull away as soon as everyone is off/on to making sure bus
and bus boarder align in order to make life easier for everyone

Incorrect, it makes life easier for the few people who drive buses and screws
up traffic for far more people.

Absolutely. I can think of one bus stop between RAF Halton and Wendover
which is absolutely adjacent to a traffic island. If a bus stops there,
any other traffic has to wait till it moves. If that's not causing
congestion I don't know what is.

--
John Wright

I used to drive a car a lot also. Duhg Bollen.

It didn't happen. The whole thing was fabricated in a movie studio by
Jewish film directors using realistic dummies to gain international
sympathy and thus grab and retain a chunk of Arab territory and
accumulate weapons of mass destruction with help from a complicit US.
Duhg Bollens view of the Holocaust.

Duhg Bollen promised a report on how Vince can reduce his carbon
emissions by moving in November 2007. We're still waiting.