Old December 25th 08, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Buses waiting time and blocking the road

"Ian" typed

"John Rowland" wrote in message
John Wright wrote:

Absolutely. I can think of one bus stop between RAF Halton and
Wendover which is absolutely adjacent to a traffic island. If a bus
stops there, any other traffic has to wait till it moves. If that's
not causing congestion I don't know what is.

I think all of the bus stops in Claremont Rd NW2 are like this. There are
no real opportunities between stops to overtake a moving bus either.

Not a problem. Cars proceed along the road at the same rate as the bus.

Indeed. I don't think it's wide enough for a car to overtake a bus
(safely) anyway.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.