Old January 1st 09, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default victoria line 09 stock

"John Rowland" wrote in
message
Richard J. wrote:
wrote in message
Will this still have to arrive on the victoria line by road or did
the test drag through the piccadilly line tunnels go ok with no
bumps or scrapes?

Since presumably it would have to get to the Piccadilly Line by road,
what's the advantage over direct delivery to Northumberland Park?

Ruislip Depot is connected to the Piccadilly Line and also to the
national rail network.

But, presumably for economic or convenience reasons, many LU carriages
are still moved by road on low loaders, eg, for refurbishment. I've seen
pics of D stock cars being moved this way from Ealing Common depot, on
their way to and from Derby, even though complete trains had to be sent
for refurbishment. It would not be hard to get the trains to Ruislip via
the Picc and Met lines, but I suppose there are enough complications to
make road transport quicker and cheaper.

More details on
http://www.trainweb.org/districtdave...programme.html