Old January 1st 09, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default victoria line 09 stock

In message , Richard J.
writes
wrote in message
Will this still have to arrive on the victoria line by road or did the
test drag through the piccadilly line tunnels go ok with no bumps or
scrapes?

Since presumably it would have to get to the Piccadilly Line by road,
what's the advantage over direct delivery to Northumberland Park?

The 09 stock will be delivered directly by road to Northumberland Park.

I have been told that some tests were done in traffic hours to see if
the 09 stock would fit through the 'pipe' from Finsbury Park to Barons
Court which apparently was successful although they would need a full
possession to do it as the 09s aren't tripcock fitted.

I've not found any record of this sortie in LURS or any other esteemed
organ to back this up though, which I would have expected. That being
the case however, they would then be able to travel to Acton Works by
rail if required and access the test track between Northfields and Acton
Town.