Old December 10th 03, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North CJG  Now Thankfully Living In The North is offline

Default South Central maintenance depot in Bedford!

Clive Page wrote in message ...
The South Central rail company has an advertisement in one of our local
newspapers trying to recruit staff for their new maintenance depot in
Bedford, of all places. Can they really be serious - it means a dead
train has to be pushed (or pulled) for at least 50 miles over the
supposedly fully occupied Thameslink tracks to get fixed?

I suppose the next logical step is for Thameslink trains to get
maintained in Swindon or maybe Crewe?

A different point competely. But aren't Eurostar trains maintined
somewhere in Hertfordshire? Around WGC?
Wouldn't they be better off in Kent or Hampshire? How exactly do they
get that far north Of London?