Old January 2nd 09, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] palmersl23@googlemail.com is offline

Default Ticket office closures

Hi all,

Does anyone know exactly what the point of the tube ticket office
closures is for underground stations?

I was under the impression that it would be used to have the staff be
more proactive and thus providing better customer service. A trip to
Regents Park the other weekend revealed that rather than being behind
the glass screen of the ticket office, the staff are now behind
another glass screen - that of the old ticket collectors' booth.

When I returned later there was nobody to be seen anywere near the
barriers so I assume the staff must have vanished into some sort of
hidden cupboard somewhere.