Old January 4th 09, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Peak Prices on PAYG Oyster

On Jan 4, 5:26*pm, Walter Briscoe wrote:
In message
of
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 07:19:37 in uk.transport.london, Mizter T
writes

[snip]

because it will be more expensive for them.

-----
[1] Off-Peak Day Travelcards actually have a potential validity period
of 28 1/2hrs (from midnight until 0430 the following morning), but one
can only take advantage of this on Saturdays, Sunday and public
holidays (i.e. the only days when Off-Peak Travelcards are valid all
day inc. before 0930).

I would appreciate a quote from
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-and-tickets-Z
-1-6-02-01-09.pdf to support this intriguing suggestion. I think
validity starts at 04.30 and runs up to but not including 04.30. Fun
would start on services - bus or national rail service - where a journey
starts before 04.30, but ends after.

See:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresandtickets/1055.aspx

especially the following paragraph.

"Anytime Day Travelcards

Can be used all day Monday to Friday, on the day of validity, and for
any journey that starts before 04:30 the following day. On public
holidays it is cheaper to buy an Off-Peak Day Travelcard."

Nothing about the ticket starting at 04.30, just that it is valid for
any departure upto 04.30 the following day. One-day travelcards are
printed with the date that they are valid for and I have once bought
one after midnight for validity all day. Ticket machines are not
generally programmed for issuing a ticket dated the previous day,
which is what would be required for validity starting at 04.30.

Does anybody know a station which has operational gate lines about 05.00
and train services starting before 04.30? The 03.50 weekday service from
East Croydon which takes 3 changes (at Wimbledon, Waterloo and Waterloo
East) before arriving at London Bridge at 05.25 fits the time criterion.
Sadly, I have never seen operational gates at London Bridge after 22.00
and I don't suppose they are used before 06.00.
--
Walter Briscoe