Old January 4th 09, 07:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default Peak Prices on PAYG Oyster

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 17:26:19 +0000, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

Mizter T:
[1] Off-Peak Day Travelcards actually have a potential validity period
of 28 1/2hrs (from midnight until 0430 the following morning), but one
can only take advantage of this on Saturdays, Sunday and public
holidays (i.e. the only days when Off-Peak Travelcards are valid all
day inc. before 0930).

I would appreciate a quote from
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-and-tickets-Z
-1-6-02-01-09.pdf to support this intriguing suggestion. I think
validity starts at 04.30 and runs up to but not including 04.30. Fun
would start on services - bus or national rail service - where a journey
starts before 04.30, but ends after.

I think I can answer that, at least from the Underground's point of
view. Just before Christmas, I need to buy an off-peak day Travelcard
on the train, as the ticket machine couldn't sell it. The guard was
very happy to sell it, but accidentally issued it for the next day. I
only found out when I tried to go through the gateline at Charing
Cross, where they told me that I would need to go back to Waterloo to
get it changed. I intend to complain about that - it's an RSP ticket
after all - but anyway...

My journey didn't need the Underground in the end but tired and
emotional I returned to Piccadilly Circus just after midnight, where
my ticket, which I thought might now be valid, was rejected. It may
of course be keeping the gate config simple, rather than a statement
of policy... With a minute to go to get my train at Waterloo, I
didn't hang around to discuss the conditions of carriage!

Richard.