Old January 4th 09, 11:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default Peak Prices on PAYG Oyster

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 12:55:52 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:

On 4 Jan, 20:22, Richard wrote:
I think I can answer that, at least from the Underground's point of
view. *Just before Christmas, I need to buy an off-peak day Travelcard
on the train, as the ticket machine couldn't sell it. [...]

I'm mildly curious to know where this ticket machine that couldn't
sell an Off-Peak Day Travelcard was - it seems rather remiss for any
ticket machine within reasonable reach of London by rail (i.e. around
the south east) not to have it as an option.

I was trying unsuccessfully to keep the rant short! I did have a
ticket from Fleet to Surbiton and wanted a Travelcard to start from
there. A pity that there isn't an "advanced" mode for more exotic
tickets.

My journey didn't need the Underground in the end but tired and
emotional I returned to Piccadilly Circus just after midnight, where
my ticket, which I thought might now be valid, was rejected. *[...]

Was the next day a weekday? If so then what happened would make
perfect sense - an Off-Peak Day Travelcard would not be valid until
after 0930 on a weekday, full stop.

Yes, of course... I thought for a moment that it wasn't but in fact it
was the first minutes of Tuesday 23rd. Thanks for clearing that up!

Richard.