Old January 5th 09, 01:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
elyob elyob is offline

Default Motorbikes get to use bus lanes

On Jan 5, 2:23*pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Seems dangerous and unneccessary to me. I've never driven a motorbike, but
their ability to overtake all stationary traffic means they effectively
carry their own bus lane with them anyway. Putting them in bus lanes will
encourage them to do 60mph, skidding into the side of all the idiot car
drivers who pull out of side roads ignoring what is in the bus lane and what
speed it is doing. A bus lane is a very dangerous place to be unless you are
driving a heavy vehicle such as a bus, London-style taxi or HGV.

There will most likely be more motorcycle riders over bonnets.
Generally speaking, cyclists are well aware of these dangers that
motorcyclists will now have to learn pretty quickly.

On my 16 mile commute this morning on cycle, I had no problems with
motorcycles. There again, there are no bus lanes on my commute or
certainly very little.