Old January 5th 09, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Motorbikes get to use bus lanes

On 5 Jan, 14:23, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Seems dangerous and unneccessary to me. I've never driven a motorbike, but
their ability to overtake all stationary traffic means they effectively
carry their own bus lane with them anyway. Putting them in bus lanes will
encourage them to do 60mph, skidding into the side of all the idiot car
drivers who pull out of side roads ignoring what is in the bus lane and what
speed it is doing. A bus lane is a very dangerous place to be unless you are
driving a heavy vehicle such as a bus, London-style taxi or HGV.

More likely to run into cars turning left across bus lanes from the
main road, from where it's much harder to see what's coming.