Old January 6th 09, 08:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default NLC Code 0504

In message
of
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 05:56:03 in uk.transport.london, Mizter T
writes

On 6 Jan, 13:38, Offramp wrote:
For the Underground NLC Code 0503 is Aldgate East and 0505 is
Alperton.
Which station has or had the NLC Code 0504?
Or was it used for some central ticket office at 55 Broadway, or for
training?

If you can help. thank you very much!

0503 is indeed Aldgate East, but it would appear that 0504 is Alperton
and 0505 is Amersham.

You can download an Excel spreadsheet of all the NLC codes from Joyce
Whitchurch's website here...
http://www.joyce.whitchurch.btintern...uk/private.htm
(see under 'Railway Codes and Acronyms')

I was interested to read the following the "If you just want to check
the National Location Codes for passenger stations (National Rail and
London Underground), download this list
[http://www.joyce.whitchurch.btinternet.co.uk/NL_codes.xls] (MS Excel
format, 224 KB) ..."
Sadly, it does not seem to detail London Underground stations which are
not also National Rail Stations. It does not even mention Barking, so is
even less complete than I thought. (I was interested in the codes for
the several Paddington stations.) I just found:
3087 Paddington London

When sorted by name, it starts:
5131 Abbey Wood
3000 Acton Main Line
1036 Adderley Park
5623 Aldershot
5280 Aldrington

and omits
Acton Town
Aldgate
Aldgate East
etc.

OTOH, when I view it as HTML from Google, I see LU stations but not NR.
Something beyond my understanding!
--
Walter Briscoe