Old January 7th 09, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Aston-Martin Boris bus

David Cantrell wrote:
On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 12:12:31PM -0800,
wrote:

Does anybody here seriously think that a new bus will be allowed with
open rear deck. With the old routemaster about 10 people used to die
every year falling from the bus.

Serves 'em right for trying to get on and off a moving vehicle. I
know that when I had the opportunity to do that, I would have blamed
no-one but myself if I screwed up.

That's fine, for adults. I fell off a moving routemaster when I was a child,
and landed between two bollards. If I'd landed on the bollard, I might not
be here now.