Old January 8th 09, 06:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Ealing to Clapham "parliamentary" bus

On 8 Jan, 18:51, Mark Morton wrote:

Stephen Furley wrote:

On 8 Jan, 13:58, "Recliner" wrote:

If enough (fare-paying) people show up next Tuesday, I wonder if they
would strengthen the service? *If they need several buses to cope with
this unexpected demand, will they need to put a train on to get the
unwanted traffic off the busy London roads?

What would happen if more people turned up than could be carried on
the bus? *Would some simply be left behind, with a rather long wait
for the next bus, or would taxis be provided for them? *Sounds like
this could start to get even more expensive; maybe that's why they
don't want people using this farce, er service.

I guess you'd just be told to take the next service to Wandsworth Road:
Train to Paddington, Underground to Victoria, then train to WWR.

Or Underground all the way to Victoria - the District line goes
direct.

If that means you get to Wandsworth Road later, then you'd probably have
to claim for a delayed journey to XC in the normal way.

Looking over the (intentional) absurdity of the very question, I've a
feeling that XC aren't actually involved in this arrangement
whatsoever, not even by name - I read somewhere that the revised law
now allows for this obligation to fall back on the franchising
authority (i.e. DfT or Transport Scotland) though I've no idea if this
is actually correct.