Old January 8th 09, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ealing to Clapham "parliamentary" bus

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

Interesting that you place Wandsworth Road station in Clapham - to me
it's in a kind of hinterland between Clapham, Battersea, Stockwell and
South Lambeth. We had a discussion about it a while ago when John
Rowland suggested it should be renamed if ELLX phase 2 ever happens so
as to try and avoid passengers getting confused and thinking it's in
Wandsworth, which it ain't - for that matter it's not in the Borough
of Wandsworth either, it's just the road to Wandsworth.

Are they going to rename Clapham Junction too in case they think it's in
Clapham? It's in Battersea of course.

Being named place Road means it's not in place at all, of course. The
station is located on Wandsworth Road, though.

It _was_ in the Metropolitan Borough of Wandsworth by the way. I think
Wandsworth is unique as the only long-standing local authority to be
sub-divided in a reorganisation. Clapham and Balham were transferred to
Lambeth while Battersea was merged with the rump Wandsworth.

--
Colin Rosenstiel