Old January 9th 09, 01:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Normal crap service resumed

On Jan 9, 1:28*pm, "Ian F." wrote:
"Steve Dulieu" wrote in message

om...

Whilst this was going on, the customers on the stalled train expressed a
desire to get off and continue their journey by other means, which, given
that they had now been sitting there for 45 minutes was not unreasonable.

What always puzzles me, as a passenger, in this kind of situation is why on
earth passengers are made to wait (in this case) 45 minutes before being
allowed to get off the train. It really is inconvenient and, while I realise
that problems do happen, surely we should be allowed to get off the train
ASAP and get on with our lives.

I would go bananas if I had to sit for 45 minutes with what I presume was
little or no information.

On the main lines passengers in this situation have regularly thought
bugger it and let themselves off the train either through the
emergency door release or chucking something heavy through a window.
Then railway companies act all surprised and come out with stern
warnings against it. They seem to forget we're people, not cattle in a
pen and people arn't going to sit around for ever if they've had
enough and can get out. The tube doesn't have any obvious door release
mechanisms inside the carraiges so thats out , so it would be a window
job or get out the front door in the drivers cab. Though that 4th rail
would make it a bit tricky

B2003