Old January 13th 09, 12:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Mortimer Mortimer is offline

Default Camden Lock Market - still burnt out

"Mizter T" wrote in message
[x-posted to include uk.transport.london]

On 9 Jan, 16:59, CJB wrote:
In early 2008 Camden Lock Market was largely burnt out including many
adjacent buildings. Camden Council have been extremely slow in
initiating rebuilding and the market is still closed. [...]

You've raised this exact point before and have obviously chosen to
ignore the replies that said that as the market is privately owned
it's not the responsibility of LB Camden.

It can take a loooong time before anything happens after a fire - probably
due to insurance companies and planning authorities dragging their heels.

A petrol station near me caught fire a year last January and was totally
burnt out. It took until November before the dilapidated building and
burnt-out cars on the forecourt were cleared away. Apparently if the owner
wants to rebuild it, he has to seek new planning permission, even though he
is rebuilding what was there previously. I'm not sure whether that was a
special case or whether it's always true that a building which is rebuilt
after demolition following a fire or other disaster needs a new planning
application.