Old December 10th 03, 11:31 PM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Access Systems Access Systems is offline

Default Paratransit Speed

In misc.transport.urban-transit Robert Woolley wrote:
wrote:
In misc.transport.urban-transit Access Systems wrote:
In misc.transport.urban-transit Robert Woolley wrote:
wrote:
unfortunately for some stupid reason most of those buses do not actually
have the ramp installed.
there are some 5,600 fully accessible buses in service in London,
compared to a quoted figure on MTA's web page at
LOW floor does not = accessible

The vast majority of these have ramps.
Low floor plus ramp looks pretty accessible to me.

low floor with ramp is accessible, unless a lot of ramps have been
retrofitted the first couple thousand low floors were delived without the
ramps....will double check with my source in London.

my check shows that as of Sept approx 3500 of the 5500 LT buses are Low
floor, most of these have a kneeling feature and space on board for
wheelchairs but most do not comply with DDA (UK-ADA) "only the low floor
buses with the double center doors have the power ramps"

LT proclaims that their bus fleet will be fully DDA compliant by 2017

LT ceased to exist on 15 July.

right, name change old habit

The 2017 timetable relates to DDA requirements. Routemasters are

but you were comparing with NYC, NYCTA buses are 100% ADA compliant.

rapidly becoming the last non accessible vehicles in London and
they're being withdrawn. Soon they'll only be left on a couple of
special 'heritage; routes....

and people with disabilities don't need to travel on heritage routes???

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety", Benjamin Franklin
ASCII Ribbon Campaign accessBob
NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail
NO MSWord docs in e-mail Access Systems, engineers
NO attachments in e-mail, *LINUX powered* access is a civil right
privileged. They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named