Old January 14th 09, 12:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
John B John B is offline

Default Crossrail - is it certain now?

On Jan 14, 12:51*pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Given that the Astoria is going to be demolished to make way for the
new TCR station, is Crossrail 100% certain now or are there still
funding queries? Also something I've been wondering is where will they
find the space at Farringdon for the major interchange that will be
needed , theres hardly anywhere for the station to expand in to?

The Crossrail station will be on the south side of the road. There will be
an underground passage to the existing station behind the barriers.

I noticed, walking out of Farringdon today, that the block on the
south side of Cowcross Street opposite the station (formerly a
newsagents, sandwich shop and dubious-looking-sauna) has been closed
down and is clearly awaiting demolition.

I'd assumed this was in connection with the Thameslink works, but it
could be early doors on Crossrail. Anyone know?

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org