Old January 14th 09, 06:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Petert Petert is offline

Default Crossrail - is it certain now?

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:46:10 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 04:30:21 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Given that the Astoria is going to be demolished to make way for the
new TCR station, is Crossrail 100% certain now or are there still
funding queries? Also something I've been wondering is where will they
find the space at Farringdon for the major interchange that will be
needed , theres hardly anywhere for the station to expand in to?

Yes it is almost certain. The main issue is the apparent objection by
the Tories to the Bill that would allow a separate business rate to be
levied to capture business's contribution to the scheme.

I think that you will find that the Tories are in favour of a seperate
business rate in London to fund Crossrail, but are objecting to the
bill because it grants the same powers to local government everywhere
else in the country and are afraid at the thought of what such monies
would be wasted on
--
Only some ghastly, dehumanised moron would want to get rid of the Routemaster.
Ken Livingstone 2001.

PeterT - "Reply to" address is a spam trap - all replies to the group please