Old January 15th 09, 08:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Heathrow third runway to get the go ahead

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:51:21 -0800 (PST) someone who may be Mizter T
wrote this:-

---quote---
Alongside the commitment to a new runway, Transport Secretary Geoff
Hoon is expected to announce increased investment in public transport,
including a new high-speed rail link from the airport to central
London.
---/quote---

I suspect that's not what is really meant - or is it?

I'll wait for the announcement. However, they faced two choices:

1) the same old stuff which has got this in the current mess. Expand
Heathrow and provide some fig leaves for the embarrassed to hide
behind.

2) put their claimed policies on climate change, equatability, the
economy and jobs into action. Get rid of most of the short distance
flights by transferring the trips onto trains, leaving plenty of
space for long distance flights.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh