Old January 15th 09, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Heathrow third runway to get the go ahead

On Jan 15, 10:08*am, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
01:35:13 on Thu, 15 Jan 2009, remarked:

Especially given that passenger numbers at heathrow are dropping
according to this report. The whole thing stinks.

We are in a "bust", so of course short-term passenger numbers are likely
to fall. The new runway is (one possible) solution for the capacity
required in the next "boom". If there's not going to be another "boom",
we don't need a lot of things, including Crossrail.

When you're in a bust you don't start spending billions on vanity
projects. Even in the boom years heathrow could cope with the
passenger numbers so why build a new runway now when they're
dropping?? Its like saying "oh , theres less traffic on the roads -
lets build some bypasses!"

B2003