Old January 15th 09, 05:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
EE507[_2_] EE507[_2_] is offline

Default Heathrow third runway to get the go ahead

On Jan 15, 5:51*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
09:20:48 on Thu, 15 Jan 2009, EE507 remarked:

Heathrow is far from being essential and isn't overloaded anyway.

It's severely overloaded, and "essential" for UK plc's international
business ambitions.

Is it really? Please name all the companies deserting the UK because
their CEOs have to wait around a bit at Heathrow.

Name those who will do the same if we cancel Crossrail.

Who's claiming that? Not me. I do know that it can be physically
impossible to board the Hammersmith & City at Paddington in the
morning peak though. It's not good for UK Plc when the labour market
can't get to work...

Can we now return to the subject in hand, starting with wild claims
relating to the economic benefits of aviation and the other points you
snipped?