Old January 15th 09, 06:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Travel to London

On 15 Jan, 16:46, "tim....." wrote:

"Will" wrote in message

Friends want to go to an Embassy in Queensgate from East Sussex
but want want to take the car to a railway station just outside London
and then catch overland train into London then tube to Gloucester Road.
Can anyone suggest somewhere suitable to leave the car, either (cheap!)
car park or quiet road not far from a station? *They're thinking perhaps
Croydon or near? *TIA

You're not going to find reasonable "all day" parking in Croydon, and the
roads are pretty clogged up in the morning.

You're going to have to look further out, Purely perhaps, or Caterham (I'm
outside my area of knowledge now!)

Much the same as my thoughts, I'm quite sure there is somewhere that
fits the bill in terms of on-street parking, but I'm not sure where
that somewhere will be! There are of course more and more roads that
are now subject to parking restrictions, and obviously this is more
likely nearer stations. The other thing is define "not far from a
station"... my value of 'not too far' might well stretch to a ten
minute walk.

Sorry, that's not really very much help to you!