Old January 15th 09, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heathrow third runway to get the go ahead

In message
, at
09:19:06 on Thu, 15 Jan 2009, remarked:
On Jan 15, 3:45*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
You may not have noticed the number of layoffs in banking and retail,
and the reduction of consumer spending (shops in Oxford St need
customers as well as staff).

So the tube is now nice and relaxed then in the rush hour? Everyone
can get a seat , there are no packed platforms and the trains all run
on time? That would be a first.

The downturn has not fully impacted those journeys. In any event, surely
everyone *expects* the tube to be crowded.

Heathrow is far from being essential and isn't overloaded anyway.

It's severely overloaded, and "essential" for UK plc's international
business ambitions.

Yeah right. We keep hearing that , I'd love to see some figures and
explanations of how a single runway is suddenly going to rescue our
economy.

It's not about "rescue", but "continuing to keep our head above
turbulent waters".