Old January 15th 09, 05:11 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Heathrow (rail) Hub

1506 gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

IMHO: The best location for a Heathrow Hub would be next to the M25
north of Staines.

It'd get a bit wet.

West of Heathrow?

Yes, in the middle of the reservoirs. It's about the only space to the
west of Heathrow that's currently available, until you start to get south
of Slough - and I rather suspect one of the better-known local residents
might start to complain if you're planning on putting the rail terminal
in the middle of her back garden.

The solutions a

1. take two lanes back from M25, or

That'll be some of the lanes they've just finished building, will it?

2. rebuild it as an elevated route, o3 3. build it next to M25.

Can I take a guess that you've not been round that stretch of M25 in the
last few years...?

I'll give you a hint - if you're looking at the aerial photography on
either maps.google.com or local.live.com, you might like to count the
terminals at Heathrow, and wonder why the ground there looks like it
might be in the early stages of a building project...