Old January 16th 09, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
dave hill[_2_] dave hill[_2_] is offline

Default Heathrow third runway to get the go ahead

Stimpy wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:41:45 +0000, dave hill wrote
The one (and only) good thing about this decision, is that it isn't a
decision to spend their (aka our) money, but to allow a PLC to spend its
money.

If there is no business case for the plan, the banks wont lend BAA the
funds.

but hang on i thought WE owned the banks

No, we have a stake in the banks. That's a VERY different thing to owning
them

well according to the BBC we (government) have about a 60% stake in
Royal Bank of Scotland that would mean on the Stock market that there
would have to be a bid for the whole schee bang IF it was just another
company building up a stake of that magnitude

And it looks as though more might be needed - where all this money
is coming from god knows