Old January 17th 09, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default Heathrow third runway to get the go ahead

"Neil Williams" wrote

Why St P? Most people don't want to go there either. Crossrail is
about as ideal a service to be joined to it as you can get.

We had an earlier thread about the usefulness of HEx once Crossrail starts.
ISTM that an HEx terminus at Paddington will lose a lot of passengers to
Crossrail, and I was considering another practical terminus for HEx. Even
with HS2 there'll be a lot of passengers into Euston, St Pancras and Kings
Cross, a not insignificant proportion of whom will want to get to Heathrow.

Peter