Old January 17th 09, 11:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Has anyone had any luck reporting street faults on websites?

"Richard J." wrote ...
I have told several councils about missing No Entry signs (a potentially
lethal fault if ever there was one) but they don't seem to care. Do they
even read the messages? Can I get them prosecuted by some national body
for ignoring lethal faults which they have been told about?

My road had one end sealed off a few years ago; did wonders for property
value, but nothing for road safety.

Instead of a 'no through road' sign, they installed a 'low bridge' sign.

We regularly see cars zoom along the road and lurch to a halt when the truth
hits them. Before the bollards do.

And I'm wondering how many tall vehicles are crashing into a bridge
somewhere, expecting a no through road.

My neighbor told the council about five years ago ...
--

Andrew