Old January 18th 09, 06:33 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Martin Edwards Martin Edwards is offline

Default Heathrow (rail) Hub

Graeme Wall wrote:
In message
Martin Edwards wrote:

Graeme Wall wrote:
In message
Martin Edwards wrote:

1506 wrote:
On Jan 15, 9:31 am, Adrian wrote:
1506 gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

IMHO: The best location for a Heathrow Hub would be next to the M25
north of Staines.
It'd get a bit wet.
West of Heathrow?

There was a GW branch to Staines. I believe it is now part of M25.
We need to bring it back for a worthwhile north-south thru hub. The
solutions a

1. take two lanes back from M25, or
2. rebuild it as an elevated route, o3
3. build it next to M25.

It is ublikely that the London government will see anything that does
not connect to the central London termini as important.

The London government has no say in the matter, it's up to the British
government.

I was being deliberately tendentious. The alleged British government
governs the country for the metropolis.

ITYM 'from'

Both from and for (the bebefit of). Don't argue with a Fullerian unless
you've got plenty of time.

--
Corporate society looks after everything. All it asks of anyone, all it
has ever asked of anyone, is that they do not interfere with management