Old January 19th 09, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default kingsway tram and the central line

On Jan 17, 6:51*pm, MIG wrote:
On Jan 17, 6:46*pm, MIG wrote:

On Jan 17, 6:27*pm, "Peter Lawrence" wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 04:22:27 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Jan 13, 11:08=A0pm, lonelytraveller
wrote:
The central line is only one flight of escalators, so it must only
just be lower than the Kingsway tram tunnel - could the bridge-like
thing on the platform be the bottom corner of the tram tunnel?

Doubt it - the tram tunnel is huge** so it would be a lot wider than
that. And its not very deep anyway, much shallower than the central
line.

Did the tram tunnel extend so far north anyhow? *

If it's what I'm thinking of it pops out at the junction of
Southampton Row and Theobalds Road, in which case yes.

There's a map herehttp://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/sites/k/kingsway_tram_subway/index....

You've got to laugh at the GLC flood control centre. I wonder what
genius decided to locate it in one of the first places that would
flood? Why didn't they just go the whole way and locate it in a tube
station? Bunch of idiots.

B2003