Old January 19th 09, 03:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default kingsway tram and the central line

On 18 Jan, 13:53, lonelytraveller
wrote:
On 17 Jan, 21:47, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:

"Peter Lawrence" wrote...
Doubt it - the tram tunnel is huge** so it would be a lot wider than
that. And its not very deep anyway, much shallower than the central
line.
Did the tram tunnel extend so far north anyhow?

Yes; the original entrance is about 50 metres north of the tube station..
--

Andrew

Interviewer: Tonight I'm interviewing that famous nurse, Florence
Nightingale
Tommy Cooper (dressed as a nurse): Sir Florence Nightingale
Interviewer: **Sir* Florence Nightingale?
Tommy Cooper: I'm a Night Nurse

Campaign For The Real Tommy Cooper

how far west is the central line platform? is the bridge-like indent
at the western end close enough to the tram tunnel?

As well as the Central Line probably being too deep (I haven't seen
the tram tunnels, but assume shallow), I actually don't think the
platforms go far enough west.

Basically, there's an overhang at the western end of both platforms,
but on the eastbound platform there's also a door to some kind of
signal control room, so I suspect that is what's above the tracks.