Old January 20th 09, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Test of UK's First NR Smartcard - SWT ITSO

On 20 Jan 2009 17:44:26 GMT, "Michael R N Dolbear"
wrote:

SWT free magazine in its swansong Jan/Feb issue notes a pilot in
progress
from last November for season ticket holders Windsor-Staines.

"The smartcard stores products (tickets) not monetary value".

"Equipment being installed at all our stations"

"When the DfT and TfL have completed work on integrating the ITSO and
Oyster card systems we look forward to rolling out the benefits of
smartcards across the SWT network"

Beautiful - "we're OK, we're on time with the trial. However if you want
the real thing some time soon go and harass TfL and DfT. Nothing to do
with us, gov".

Makes you wonder what they say when they meet representatives from TfL
and DfT!
--
Paul C