Old January 21st 09, 12:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] jamessan@hotmail.co.uk is offline

Default VCTS (freedom pass)

On 21 Jan, 12:47, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
I've got a VCTS card/pass which seems to work like a freedom pass (but
only within London), when using it the other day I came into Stratford
on the DLR and hence had' touched in anywhere, I then got on an
overground train (forgot to touch on the pad on the platform) and
getting off again it happily opened the exit gate, even though it had
no idea where I'd entered the system.

Does this card just open any gate within it's area at any time?
or is it supposed to monitor my entries and exits like my previous
oyster card?
are my journeys being recorded anywhere?

curiosity and all that...

Mark.
--
Mark Varleywww.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.ukwww.BeautifulBondag e.netwww.TwistedPhotography.co.uk
London, England.

Basically it works like a season ticket. Provided you are in the
zones covered by the ticket then there is no actual requirement to
touch in or touch out. You only have to do that with prepay. So in
your case you only need to touch in/out to get through barriers.