Old January 22nd 09, 09:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default How widespread is usage of "Mind the Gap"?

In message
, at
01:26:12 on Thu, 22 Jan 2009, THC remarked:
My wife wants to know whether "Mind the Gap" as used on London
Underground is used on railways, metros outside London (I'm pretty
certain that announcements are made on Platform 17 at Clapham Junction
- the phrase is certainly picked out in white paint as you step off
the train) but for the life of me I can't think of any examples of
seeing it written or hearing it on PA systems elsewhere in the UK.
I'd be grateful for any examples, o wise ones!

On the Midland Mainline there are several stations where the guards
announce "mind the gap between the train and the platform edge".