Old January 22nd 09, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Where will the bendy buses go?

"Neil Williams" wrote in message

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:39:52 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

My own theory is that most of them will sit in yards and decay. The
big problem is the third door in the rear section. All other
bendies - apart possibly from those on the Eden project shuttle -
are two doored because there is no open boarding elsewhere in the UK.

I assume they could be locked out of use. But as the Citaro can be
ordered in a single-door or dual-door bendy form, I suspect it'll just
be a module swap of some sort.

The other potential market for them is airports, where the 3 doors may
prove an advantage.

Wouldn't airports want doors on both sides? I'm sure they could be
added, but it's extra work.